I never gave much thought to adult literacy, until reading this article. I like many, thought reading and writing were skills pertaining to careers such as editor, columnist, and novelist. I now see how important these skills will be used in ones daily life, in business careers, for contractors, for political figures, and a variety of professions. Technology has come so far and is a positive aid in literacy and education. It can be used as a source for research. Computer skills are more important that ever especially since most people communicate via email or text.
From the neglected "R", I liked that you could express the power of words through past historical figures. I knew all forms of media begin with writers, but I really never gave it a second thought until now. The more I think about it I don't feel like they get enough recognition for their hard work. I agree that "writing is an act of discovery." I really like the idea of cross-generational writing. A fun way to get computer education, and written language instruction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment