Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First Draft

I agree that the important thing in writing is to get something on paper and use can always edit to perfection. I have never thought of myself as a good writing, and this is something i want to instill upon my students that they have the confidence, and techniques to make their writing successful. I feel that discussions in class about what works for them when they become stuck and draw a blank would be a beneficial to them. I like how her process started over every month and that she was terrified that something would happen and someone would read her first draft. As a student i don't remember the first draft being taken so lightly, but i wish it was, might have helped me to write more freely. I thought that is what the main purpose of pre-writing was, to write down your ideas and topics, then from there build your paragraphs. I can remember doing peer-editing with each other first drafts. I know as a college student when i get stuck on homework, an essay whatever the assignment might be I put it away, don't think about it for a while, then later when i try again it will come to me. Different techniques may work for some people but not for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment